This Lagoon 450 catamaran review introduces a boat based on designs few cruising catamaran enthusiasts thought needed changing.
The changes made produced a comfortable cruising catamaran. This boat is stable when anchored, offers wonderful visibility, space and great comfort. The features incorporated makes the Lagoon 450 a near perfect cruising boat at an affordable price.
One of the best key features of this cat 450 is the raised flybridge, located 15 feet above the waterline, over the interior cabin.
This gives the 450 great visibility and acts as the main cockpit except during inclement weather. The flybridge provides access to all power and sail systems, increasing passenger space for relaxation.
Stairway for a Safe Operation!
The 450 incorporates changes that increase safe operation for crew and visitors. The inclusion of a stairway, leading from the aft saloon to the flybridge allows the crew to stay within cockpit protection.
No movement to the outboard hulls occurs to access the flybridge area. Transom modification allows safer boarding from a dinghy placed between the two hulls.
Fittings and equipment for subsystems use major brands, reducing maintenance and repair time.
The Key Features of the Lagoon 450
The Lagoon 450 is a large, comfortable boat, making it an excellent choice for charter. The boat is well constructed and fits out.
Everything needed to ensure safe, efficient operation is in place at an excellent price. The 450 is available in three or four cabin design.
There is room for a family or group of friends. The two cabin options make the Lagoon 450 available to a wide of charter customers.
There are more distinct and separate living areas on this cruising catamaran than any other design.
- forward deck
- flybridge and cushions
- forward deck-benches
- foredeck netting and bow
- aft cockpit
- separate galley and interior navigation station
- private hull accommodations
Wuy Sail the Lagoon 450
- A special bridge deck undercarriage mitigates a problem most catamaran vessels have in swells.
- The designers have provided natural lighting and ventilation flow to all areas.
- The choice of creature comforts, important for boats offered for charter, is well done and in line with the modern design of the Lagoon 450.
- A well thought out addition was the interior placement of the remote navigation station. This allows complete operation of the boat while protected from inclement weather.
- The technical sailing aspects of the 450 please sailing catamaran purists. This boat moves well, even in light air but is at home in 20-knot trade wind type breezes as well.
- Despite boat size, the power, and maneuverability offered by twin screws make handling easier than expected. Top that off with a sales price that should allow for more affordable charter rates.
- A factor appreciated by charter customers is the living space on this boat, comparable to boats of a larger size.
The Lagoon 450 is a catamaran of the highest quality for the price asked. It has space and fitting well enough to allow distance cruising or handling family sized crews. The Lagoon 450 is a good balance of cost, comfort, and performance, making it an excellent choice for chartered operation.
For more information on the Lagoon 450 Catamaran contact:
USA +1 954 892 5009
- Type: Cat
- Beam: 25.10
- Feet Draft: 4.3
- YearBuilt: 2019
- Builder: Lagoon
Contact the broker for the Lagoon 450 Catamaran charter:
Have you chartered the Lagoon 450? If so, you are welcome to share your experience in the comments below.