While some vacationers prefer relaxation and the peacefulness that comes with time off from work, others want adventure and excitement. With a chartered yacht, you can have it both ways.
Sailing yachts were designed with the adventurer in mind. These yachts are equipped for extreme boating, perfectly capable of exploration of remote locations or destinations away from overcrowded, mundane tourist spots.
A yacht charter allows sailors to find their own patch of water to lounge around or engage in heart-pounding water activities in relative privacy, away from jammed ports and docks and overpriced tourist traps.
A whole new world is readily available to the yacht sailor that is closed off to vessels that are more traditional. Distance and power are not issues for an expedition yacht!
What a Sailing Vacations Offers
A sedate and relaxed sailing vacation can be one person’s dream, while the fast-paced exploration aboard a yacht is another’s. The type of vacation depends on the individual.
A yacht can move when it needs to, but an expedition yacht is a different beast altogether. Sailors seeking power, more speed, and better mobility in poor weather conditions, may decide an expedition yacht is a better fit for the vacation they seek. Expedition yachts also have deeper hulls for storing numerous water sports equipment and toys to keep guests engaged and entertained.
An expedition yacht allows sailors to venture out well beyond the conventional tourist hot spots. Some popular expedition yacht destinations include Alaska, Greece, and the Caribbean.
Sailing further out and to more remote locations means that sailors can experience firsthand nature, wildlife, and landscapes that not many other human beings can easily witness. These sailing trips aboard an expedition are full of once-in-a-lifetime photographic opportunities.
Further, out at sea, more difficult waters, and less visited destinations are all possible with a chartered expedition yacht. Conventional sailing yachts are often limited by distance and the performance of the vessel, which may suit certain sailors just fine. However, sailors with an appetite for new adventures would enjoy an expedition yacht.
- An expedition yacht has a wider range due to its need for less frequent refueling.
- More exotic locations are available for expedition yachts
- Greater power, better durability, more stable, and improved mobility versus a traditional sailing yacht
- Accommodations are as comfortable and luxurious as a regular yacht
- The design of the yacht makes it one of the safest charter vessels
- Extra water activity equipment and wider options for different kinds of gear are available on an expedition yacht
- Space can be a concern. Expedition yachts are designed for efficiency and power with space for storage and guests to move around, but rooms can feel cramped or overcrowded with too many guests occupying the space
- Sailors may be further away from help in the case of an emergency due to the yacht’s capabilities
- In a strictly aesthetic sense, expedition yachts were not designed to present a luxurious facade from the outside.
Sailing vacations create memories and experiences that stick with guests for a lifetime. A sailing vacation aboard an expedition yacht ramps up the adventure tenfold. Chartering an adventurous vacation can work well for couples, families, and groups of friends.
Strengthened bonds, lasting memories, and a shared enterprise of enjoyment and excitement will make a sailing vacation cherished and talked about for years to come.
Want More Tips?
Sign up for Cruising Sea newsletter to receive every two weeks the latest post straight to your inbox!
Have you been on a sailing vacation? If so, please feel free to share your experience in the comments below.
Daniella has been passionate about travel, the sea, and nature for many years. As a child, she frequently traveled throughout the Mediterranean and continued with her journeys throughout her adult life.
Her experiences have created the desire within her to share her love for traveling with other passionate and adventurers who want to discover beautiful horizons and new cultures.