Table of Content
Are you looking for a fun and exclusive way to explore the underwater world? If so, then you came to the right place! You are going to ride your self-propelled, electric scooter in the water to see beautiful sea creatures. Don’t worry about the license…You won’t need it! I know it sounds exciting! But before rushing out, you must know a bit more about the Oahu submarine scooter adventure!
The submarine scooter adventure is about diving with unusual equipment. You’ll be watching beautiful schools of tropical fishes while sitting on the edge of a scooter with a bubble helmet on your head for about 20 minutes. You do not need to swim or do anything else, but just exploring the underwater world in the most friendly way!
What to Expect From This Tour
There are two different departure times. The first tour begins at 9 AM, and the second at 12 AM. You will meet your expert crew at Honolulu’s Keahole Street. It would be safer to arrive half an hour prior to the embarkation to get ready. You can either get there by car, or by bus or with a private Aviator’s van if you select this option.
On the Boat
After meeting the group, it’s time to get on board a large catamaran that will bring you to the submarine destination. While heading to Oahu’s coast, you will have the chance to explore spectacular islands such as Diamond Head, Koko Crater, Maunalua Bay, and the famous mountain range. You won’t get bored while waiting for your turn to dive with your scooter. The crew provides you a complete snorkel gear so that you can snorkel in the clearest and bluest water in Hawai. Delicious snacks and refreshing drinks will even be more fun for you!
Once you arrive at the dive spot, the friendly and knowledgeable crew shows you how to manipulate your scooter and also gives some useful information about safety. That’s it; your turn has arrived! Now you just need to put your wetsuit top on and get ready for your scooter ride!
Five water scooters are going down at one time there is one guide for every two persons underwater that dive for about 20 minutes.
After the Dive
When the tour underwater is over, you can either suck up the sun on the boat or put your snorkel kit on and continue your snorkeling adventure while other participants drive their scooter. The crew is always there to keep you entertained, whether it is serving drinks, telling stories about the area, or putting great music on!
What Experience Do You Need?
You may find this funny, but you don’t need any experience to drive a scooter underwater. A scuba license is not required, and even non-swimmers can do this tour with ease. The only thing you need is to bring your best mood, and you are good to go!
What Are the Ages That Can Participate?
Everyone ranging from 10 to 100-year-old can enjoy doing this tour. It is not unusual to see older people driving a scooter underwater, and they love it! In fact, many of them have left their review on Aviator, you can take a look at what they say about this adventure! Apart from small children under ten years old, all ages are welcome.
Who Is This Tour For?
This excursion is truly for everyone, except for people who have health problems or are not comfortable in the water or small children as well. As I’ve mentioned above, there is no need to have experience in the water. Non-swimmer, divers, snorkelers, and swimmers can participate in this fun adventure!
Why Should You Go on This Tour
1. Without a doubt, this trip will be the highlight of your holiday in Hawaii!
2. The tour is extremely well-organized, allowing you to enjoy your underwater journey thoroughly.
3. You will see the most spectacular views on your way to the destination
4. You do not need to invest in any equipment as the crew provides you all you need.
5. Either way, you decide to ride the scooter or just go snorkeling, you will still have the chance to explore all sorts of fishes and green sea turtles.
The Duration Of The Tour
The tour lasts about 2 hours, which includes 20 min underwater, 15 min for the explanation and preparation, 40 min from Waikiki to Honolulu by car 40 min from Honolulu to Waikiki. Meeting 30 min prior to the embarkation.
What To Bring
- Towels + Bio Sunscreen
- Waterproof dry bag to protect your stuff from the water.
- Go-pro if you are not interested in buying the picture on the boat.
What Is Included
- Beverages and snacks
- Snorkel gear
- Wetsuit Top
- All equipment needed for the submarine excursion
What Is Excluded
- Tip for the crew (Optional)
- Pickup and drop off service Hotel
1. Seasickness on a catamaran is usually less perceived than on a monohull due to its two hulls making the boat more stable and comfortable. Yet, chances are you will feel motion sickness while sailing. So, take some patches or pills as an extra precaution. You never know!
2.Try to put your swimsuit on before you get on the boat because there isn’t any cabin or toilet to change onboard.
3. Water can sometimes be cold, so it always suggested to wear a wetsuit top provided by the crew.
4. If you don’t travel by car, take the bus 22. It drives straight from Waikiki to Honolulu’s Keahole Street. Bear in mind, though that the bus passes by the station only every 40 minutes. So try to be in time to not miss it!
- Professional and friendly crew assist you from the beginning to the end of the trip
- The submarine scooter is easy to use
- No need for any scuba license or know how to swim
- You can enjoy snorkeling or swimming while waiting for your turn or after the tour.
- Snacks, beverages, equipment, wetsuit top as well as snorkel gear, are provided by the crew
- Professional guides assist you underwater
- The water may be rougher in the winter than in the summer.
- There is no toilet on the boat
The submarine scooter tour is a fun and exciting experience not to miss out if you stay in Hawaii! Whether you are an experimented swimmer or a non-swimmer, one thing is for sure is that you will be able to explore the beauty of the ocean in the most friendly way. So now, all you have to do is to book your tour and grab your scooter and have the most memorable adventure you ever had!
Have you already experienced a submarine scooter tour in Oahu? If so, feel free to share your experience!