Your bucket list cannot be compromised – even if you are offered 7 wonders of the world free of cost! And, in case you have not included Capri in your desire-list, your wish-list is incomplete!
Capri – The jewel of all the islands, which is embraced by bluish-green water, is located in the pinnacle of the Amalfi Coast. Irrespective of the time you plan for a pleasure trip to Italy you should surely opt for a daylong Capri boat tour from Sorrento – the most preferred tourist spot of almost all the travelers visiting Mediterranean Islands’! And once you visit Capri, you will fall in love with it that compels you to stay overnight on this gem island, giving you divine serenity throughout the night.
Table of Content
- 1 What To Expect?
- 2 Itinerary
- 3 Important Notes:
- 4 Halt At: Avi Travel Sorrento – and Proceed to Faraglioni!
- 5 1.Faraglioni
- 6 2.Grotta Bianca – White Grotta
- 7 3.Grotta Azzurra – Blue Grotto
- 8 4.Grotta Verde – Green Grotta
- 9 5.Arco Naturale – Natural Arch
- 10 6.Giardini di Augusto – Gardens of Augustus
- 11 7.Villa San Michele
- 12 What Is Included In The Tour
- 13 What is Excluded In The Capri Boat Tour?
- 14 When is the Best Time to Do Capri Boat Tour?
- 15 Who is This Tour for?
- 16 Why Do Capri Boat Tour?
- 17 Conclusion
What To Expect?
-You will be picked up from your centrally located hotel in Sorrento.
-From Sorrento move towards the harbor and get introduced to the skipper.
-Skipper will lead you for the comfortable boat ride to Capri Island and will be your daylong guide.
-The fun begins on the boat ride by pampering oneself with some beverages and sandwiches. Relish a short break at either Mitigliano or Marciano for snorkeling or swimming – the choice is yours.
-On reaching the island you will have your own time to scout and survey the stunning Capri. Don’t forget to say cheerio to your skipper – as you want him back!
-In this free time, discover the beauty of Capri by enjoying the fresh seafood snack or walk in the Giardini di Augusto – Gardens of Augustus. If you are a nature’s beauty adorer Monte Solaro or Blue Grotto will be an ideal visit for unbelievable views. Remember – the expenses incurred during this free time are borne by you.
-As per the meeting schedule conveyed by the skipper return to the base point on the dock. Board the boat that March towards Sorrento. Detailed
The tour begins at 9 am.
Following tourist spots are covered in one day Capri boat tour:
- The waiting time will be announced by the skipper, at each halt, during the entire journey.
- It is at the discretion of the skipper whether to visit all the spots or not. Sometimes sea gets rough hence his decision is binding to all for safety reasons.
- The necessary fees at the tourist spots are to be borne by the travelers.
Halt At: Avi Travel Sorrento – and Proceed to Faraglioni!
The beginning of this eternal Capri Boat Tour From Sorrento is with Faraglioni – beautiful oceanic rock creation that is eroded by the continual sea-waves. Nothing matches the beauty of these stacks. The mammoth site will heighten your amazement to its peak!
2.Grotta Bianca – White Grotta
A unique sea cave that is secluded but visited by almost all the tourists visiting Capri! It got its name from the white-colored crusts and deposits of calcium carbonate matter across the area. This calcium matter borders the entrance of the cave and suspends from the cave-top. It is said that infamous outlaw Salvatore Giuliano – stayed few nights in White Grotta – after shooting a policeman! (Ask your skipper about the story!)
3.Grotta Azzurra – Blue Grotto
Bluet Grotto – an astonishing sea cave giving a mystical bluish tint to the seawater. This is a beautiful nature’s art that gives a blue reflection of the sunlight penetrating the underwater crater. Though the cave is around 60 meters long and 25 meters wide; with sufficient precautions, you can enter this awesome beauty of Capri!
4.Grotta Verde – Green Grotta
One of the most stunning sea cave situated on the isle of Capri! The entire adjacent coast is rocky and exposed to sirocco storms. Due to very rapid wear and tear it is very difficult to see the land levels. It derived this name due to the combined light effect – water reflecting the bluish light blending with the yellowish tint reflected from the adjacent rocks and roof of the cave. It is advised to visit when the sea is calm!
5.Arco Naturale – Natural Arch
This nature’s beauty is the remains of a collapsed grotto (cave) standing right from the stone-age or caveman age, containing limestone as the main mineral. A walk from Via Croce via Matermania will lead you to this Natural Arch the tall ancient beauty! On reaching the top, you feel like walking in the sky.
6.Giardini di Augusto – Gardens of Augustus
Initially, it was known as Krupp Gardens – and the landscaping is designed in a way of terraces, overseeing the sea. The entire garden is full of innumerable ornamental plants, flowers, and various other floral beauties. The prettiness of the Garden of Augustus is you can get a panoramic view of the entire, Capri – overlooking Marina Piccola, Mount Solaro, and Faraglioni.
7.Villa San Michele
Axel Munthe – the Swedish author and physician built the Villa San Michele in the 19th century. This villa is decorated with the remainders of ancient Roman palaces. After visiting the Villa San Michele, you’ll sail back to Sorrentto!
What Is Included In The Tour
All the following facilities are given free of cost – after registration.
- To & From Facility – The hotel pick up and drop off are arranged for travelers staying in the centrally located hotels of Sorrento.
- Skipper – He/she will be with the group guide until the last tourist is dropped off at his hotel.
- Snorkeling Equipment – All the gear’s, are available free of cost. This include, tube, mask and fins.
- Snacks – During the journey at the pre-decided interval
- Wi-Fi onboard
What is Excluded In The Capri Boat Tour?
- Landing fees: In some of the tourist spots they charge nominal entrance and landing fees.
- Facility fees: All the ad-hoc facilities used by tourists have to be borne by travelers.
When is the Best Time to Do Capri Boat Tour?
Capri has 4 separate seasons – Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. The main tourist season is – Starting of the Easter holidays till the first weekend of November. The ideal time – as per the locals is – starting from April till mid-June and Starting from September to mid-October. The weather is more pleasant and the place is less crowded.
Who is This Tour for?
As there is a minimal number of travelers on one cruise, honeymoon couples can get their privacy and enjoy nature’s beauty of Capri! It’s the ideal activity for anyone who wants to enjoy a fun and relaxing trip while in Italy – whether you are traveling with friends, family, or alone! Although the tour is for everyone, it is not recommended for pregnant women as it may increase the risk of dizziness and nausea. Adults must accompany small children.
Why Do Capri Boat Tour?
Value for money: This tour is designed in such a manner that you get full value for the money you invest. It accommodates more destinations with a comparatively lesser cost.
Exotic Destinations: Not only you get to see top destinations like White Grotta, Blue Grotta, and Green Grotta but also ancient Natural Arch that is standing for thousands of years.
Extra Fun: Also you can relish super-tasty seafood and enjoy Snorkelling as well!
- Fulfilled on-board activities like music, snacks, drinks, dance, etc.
- This one day tour can be planned instantly, without any complications.
1. If it allows you to do so, try to sit at the front of the boat. You’ll enjoy the views more.
2. If for some reason, it’s difficult for you to walk up to Anacapri, it’s worth taking the bus they offer before you leave the boat, even at additional cost. A private bus is more comfortable as Capri island is most of the time crowded.
3. It’s highly recommended to do the chairlift tour in Capri. The views are spectacular from the top, and while you are there, enjoy a delicious glass of wine at the bar located on the mountain.
4. If you are susceptible to seasickness, wear wristbands, or take pills to avoid being sick on the boat.
What to Bring
- Swimwear as you get free time to swim in the clear water of Capri
- Water shoes to protect your feet from the hot ground and pebbles on the beach
- Waterproof dry bag to keep all your content safe while on the water.
- A towel
- Long sleeve t-shirt
- Polarized sunglasses to protect your eye from the UV
- Fun and relaxing tour to do while in Italy
- knowledgeable skipper and guide
- Tasty snacks and drinks are given on the boat
- Extremely well organised
- You have 4 hours free on your own
If the weather doesn’t permit it, the visit to the blue grotto will be canceled for safety reasons, and the skipper will bring you to other grottoes instead.
This Capri boat tour is ideal for first-time travelers and travel wizards! Nothing but sweet memories will stay with your entire life! Beautiful destinations blended with alluring natural beauties, and exotic locations will compel you to visit Capri again and again. In one day, you get something more than what you desire for – sea travel, sea caves, seafood, the ambiance, socialism, relaxation, serenity, etc. and that too at a very nominal cost.
- Capri and Blue Grotto Day Tour From Naples or Sorrento
- The Ultimate Cinque Terre Day Trip From Florence
- The Top-Rated Cooking Classes in Tuscany
- Best Venice Guide & Boat Tours
Have you done the Capri boat trip from Sorrento? If so, how was it? You are welcome to share your experience in the comments below.
Daniella has been passionate about travel, the sea, and nature for many years. As a child, she frequently traveled throughout the Mediterranean and continued with her journeys throughout her adult life.
Her experiences have created the desire within her to share her love for traveling with other passionate and adventurers who want to discover beautiful horizons and new cultures.